Video and audio
- Taking democracy from arrogance to intimacy at TEDxRhodes For many of us, democracy has become arrogant, controlling and controlled by the wrong people. In this video I talk about how we can put people back at the centre, making democracy open, co-productive and intimate.
Democracy is broken, we despair at the rise of bureaucracy and we feel ignored. I want to challenge us to rebuild democracy so that ...
- Going beyond the tools: Effective social media in policy communication Last week I gave a talk at European Conference on Public Communication held at the European Parliament and the Committee for the Regions in Brussels. The talk is about the need to get strategic and start thinking beyond the tools:
After years of focusing on tools and technologies, public communicators want to give social media more ...
- My presentation at the Parliaments on the Net Conference In May 2013 I gave a presentation on effective social media for parliaments at the ECPRD’s Parliaments on the Net XI conference, held at the UK Parliament.
My presentation starts at about 12′ 40″ into this clip:
And here’s the powerpoint slides to accompany it:
- Social Media and Protest Movements Voice of Russia’s Scott Craig interviews Jonathan Lea, Mark Pack, Peter Lekarev and myself about the impact of social media on protest movements in Russia and the Middle East.
- Democracy in our networked Age My plenary session on international perspectives on parliamentary digital engagement at the Democratiaeth yn ein hoes rwydweithiol/Democracy in our networked age conference at the Cynulliad Cymru/National Asssembly for Wales, Cardiff.
#senedd2011: Dr Andy Williamson, Hansard – Part One / Rhan Un from Assembly Wales / Cynulliad Cymru on Vimeo.
#senedd2011: Dr Andy Williamson, Hansard – Part ...
- Fundamental to democracy Here are two excerpts from the Fundamental to Democracy plenary session at the Australian Parliament in March.
- Future Democracy 2010 Conference Here’s a nice little video from Catch21 highlighting the Future Democracy conference, which was held on a rather snowy day in central London in early December 2010.
- European eDemocracy Conference Here’s an interview I did at the European eDemocracy Conference in Krems, Ausrtria.
EDEM10 – Five Questions – Andy Williamson from digitalgovernment on Vimeo.